It is politically and morally disheartening at this early stage of the next level movement to be confronted with unscrupulous plans by some anti-progressive forces in Ogun state planning to topple the administration of our dear and visionary governor, prince Dapo Abiodun.
It was reliably gathered that a caucus meeting led by Rt Hon Tunji Egbetokun and Hon Biyi Adeneye was held yesterday, Wednesday, 5th June, 2019 at Abeokuta.
The purpose of the purported meeting is to sway the speaker ship position and other key principal officers of the Ogun state 9th to Rt Hon Tunji Egbetokun and Hon Biyi Adeneye’s side. This move is being orchestrated to choke the incumbent government for he that plays the pipe dictates the tune.
The meeting took a diabolical climax condition when the attendees sworn an oath with juju (charms) and vowed to do everything within their evil powers to make the Ogun state 9th Assembly anti-Dapo Abiodun. This is a barbaric act in the 21st century.
These people want to reinvent the Okija shrine saga in those dark days of Anambra state politics in Ogun state. God forbid!
We are not really taken aback by this development because we know that some people have reprobate minds; they specialise in doing evil and they are not happy when collective progress is made.
These are the same crop of politicians who have held the state to ransom since the 6th Assembly. Their stock in trade is to act in blind opposition and cumber any government that has the interest of the people at heart with loads of problems.
The reasons for this release, are, among others, to:
- Intimate our dear Governor, prince Dapo Abiodun of the evil that is being paddled by the duo of Rt Hon Tunji Egbetokun and Hon Biyi Adeneye and other compliances;
- Inform the general public, particularly the good people of Ogun state of the devilish activities of those mentioned above and collectively resist them;
- Call on the APC executive members in Ogun for proactive steps, preventing the materialisation of this evil agenda;
- Beckon on all Honourable elects of the Ogun state 9th Assembly to shun any plan that will not be in the best interest of our people and the progressive movement of Prince Dapo Abiodun.This is the best time for us to speak and act in unison and kick against every anti-prince Dapo Abiodun’s agenda;
- Appeal to the conscience (if any) of Rt Hon Tunji Egbetokun, Hon Biyi Adeneye and their schemers to drop this retrogressive conspiracy.
The 9th Assembly should be in sync with the voice of our party leaders and the incumbent governor. Every divide and rule tactics should be vehemently rejected.
We are of the candid opinion that the Executive and Legislative arms of government should work independently but interrelatedly to delivering the true dividends of democracy to the people.
It is when these two arms of government have common vision and same party ideologies that meaningful progress can be made and the people will be the ultimate beneficiaries of this planned mutualityself-serving politics.
Together, we shall rise against any group of persons thinking of taking Ogun state to the stone age of self-serving politics.