The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom had announced the visit of the President, Muhammad Buhari to the state on Monday.
Ortom disclosed this, in a press Statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, that there wouldn’t be mass burial of victims attacked by the Fulani herdsmen in Okpokwu.
It was said that the Governor had not given any reason for the cancellation of the mass burial.
READ ALSO: BENUE ATTACKS: ORTOM SEEKS JUSTICE
He added that the burial would take place next week Thursday with a church service at Okpokwu
The Governor had earlier promised to accord all the 24 victims of the Omusu Edimoga herdsmen attack a mass burial today.
Ortom had made the announcement for the burial during his visit to Omusu Edimoga in Okpokwu Local Government Area of the State, where the attack took place on Monday, March 5, 2018.
The herdsmen had been said to have invaded the community around 2pm, following an earlier allegation that villagers had stolen some of their cattle.
It was disclosed that some children who were killed during the incident were returning from school
Twenty four persons had been said to have been killed during the attack which left many people injured and several persons missing.
Jennifer Idika and Ifeoluwa Adetoun